[at-l] Cell Phones - Yawn

At 08:41 AM 6/28/2004 -0500, Bett Middleton wrote:
>When phones don't work somewhere its because there are not
>enough of those ugly towers close by to send the signals.  The more
>non-working phones in the wilderness the more the demand for them to work
>grows.  Thereby encouraging the building of more towers on the highest
>nearby mountain.

I should have anticipated this argument or perhaps made myself clearer.
Considering the likelihood of convincing ever increasing numbers of clods
not to take cell phones to the woods on an individual by individual basis
vs a concerted effort to ban the towers that would make them functional in
the woods, I suspect that banning the towers would be the more fruitful
path to take. That was my point.

Saunterer