[at-l] Lebanon man falls off slope near trail

ee> Humans,  however,  have  managed  to  live,  survive  and  to over
ee> populate  this  earth  for  several  millennia without the help or
ee> hindrance of cell phones.

So  what?  The  same  can  be said for radio, TV, computers, SUVs, and
Petzl  Headlamps.  Want  to  ban them, too, because some inconsiderate
people use them to annoy other people?

ee> I  think  the  species will survive, and, just perhaps, might even
ee> prosper more than otherwise, if we prohibit the use of cell phones
ee> in a few wild places.

If  we prohibit the use of cellphones in the wilderness, the species -
the  entire human race - might be better off, even prosper?! There's a
connection  between  cellphone  use in the woods and the health of the
human  race?!  That  sounds  a little arrogant when you read it on the
screen. You forgot the smiley, right?

And,  what's  the  basis  for  banning  cellphones  in the woods? Just
because they can be annoying? Great reason for more laws and rules.

ee> However,  having  an  open  mind,  I would welcome evidence to the
ee> contrary.

Evidence of what, exactly?

The  discussion  of  cellphones  in  the woods has taken on hysterical
overtones.  The reason they annoy us (me included), is because lots of
people nowadays are self-centered and don't employ basic manners.

Cellphones don't annoy people.  People annoy people.

I  carry  a cellphone, turned off, in my pack.  I've pulled it out and
used it twice.  Both times I was real glad I had it.

Chris