[at-l] What do you use as rain gear?

At 01:30 PM 6/24/2004 -0400, Jan Leitschuh wrote:
>PS I like the concept of the packa, esp. for the poncho-like cirulation
>and the lack of cool water streaming down my back, but many times it's too
>hot for raingear yet the pack needs to stay dry. How do this?

With a Packa you just tuck the hood and sleeves into the harnesses and it
is a pack cover. BTW I would never depend on any pack cover as the sole
means of keeping critical gear (sleeping bag & camp clothing) dry. They go
in plastic bags in the pack. The pack cover is an extra layer of insurance.

>Also, I'd use my rain gear in camp as a warm layer - how does the Packa
>work sans pack?

It's *very* baggy in back. :)