[at-l] What do you use as rain gear?

For bottoms, I prefer the 15-cent Hefty Cinch sack rain skirt.
Can't beat the circulation, adjust ability, weight(>1oz),
warmth-when-needed and, of course, the price.
it also doubles as a waterproof sit-pad or groundcloth under the
thermorest in shelters.

If it's hot out, I'd also just as soon get wet. But sometimes, such as
on a cool day, or even just a cool morning, chilling the large muscles
of the thighs is unwise. In colder temps, it also cuts wind and
conserves warmth.

The rain skirt is especially useful for thru-hikers right about now,
as they enter the lush, rank, grassy growth from northern VA/MD to
Mass (except, of course, for Skeeter's, Cosmo's, Chainsaw's and any
other AT-L maintainer's section, LOL). Not only keeps your legs from
getting drenched from dewy, overhanging grass in the early morning,
but deters ticks.

practicalShoe

PS I like the concept of the packa, esp. for the poncho-like
cirulation and the lack of cool water streaming down my back, but many
times it's too hot for raingear yet the pack needs to stay dry. How do
this?
Also, I'd use my rain gear in camp as a warm layer - how does the
Packa work sans pack?

--
     	AT Journal:
	http://www.trailjournals.com/Liteshoe/