[at-l] Bearikade packing, eh what?

Hmmm.  Sounds like you'uns be goin out west where the eddicated bears be.
I've not used my bear can operationally yet (and actually got it against
assertive raccoons at False Cape Seashore State Park) so don't take my advice with
a just a grain of salt but rather the whole salt lick.

1.  Mebbe 5-6 days?

2.  Mine is another brand (Purple Mountain - Tahoe) of approximately the same
dimensions.  Wrestling with it is an appropriate description as the very
characteristics that irritate the bear trying to get a holt of one irritate me
when I try to get a purchase on it and I have to use verbal helps to get it in my
bag horizontally.  And happily it does fit barely but I think bear cans
probably don't fit a lot of internal frame bags unless installed longitudinally and
there goes the rest of your space.  It seem to be a royal pain to attach one
externally without putting it in a mesh bag and tying it off somehow and that
violates the trashbag skirt school of simplicity.  Probably flops around too.

On an external frame pack it goes more easily on the top or bottom.

David