[at-l] Bearikade packing, eh what?

My only time using a canister was back in the "old days" when I used an
external frame pack - and I put it on the top sideways under the top
flap.  If I remember correctly (tying to add up things here in my head)
I should have had 6 days of food in there, plus the 'smelly' stuff like
toothpaste.  I do remember that it was a tight fit to start, but I was
in Alaska in grizzly area and I made it all fit! - they had properly
frightened me with that bear video you had to watch to get a backcountry
permit in Denali.

If you made a silnylon flap for the top - is there any way to attach it
to the P2?  My Kelty Flight has enough loops already attached that it
would be a fairly simply thing to do with this pack, still leaving me
the regular space for my gear.  My initial gut feeling is that I'd want
the thing at the top rather than hanging off the bottom of the pack -
but that's not based on trying that weight in both positions.  You'll
have to experiment with carry comfort to make the final decision.

suzie