[at-l] Forest Service Fee Parking Lots

I believe the Golden Age Passport works for the roadside parking lots in the
White Mountain National Forest. At least the last time I parked there, someone
or something told me to just leave my passport on the dash and I wouldn't need
the special $15 parking pass.

I bought my passport in southern Shenendoah in 1993, though I had to walk to
campground office (about a mile round trip) several times before I found someone
willing or able to sell me a pass, meanwhile back at the tent site, the
attendant kept threatening to throw me in jail or something equally unpleasant
if I didn't pay up.

Over the years it has saved me several hundred dollars, so I guess it was
worthwhile. Besides, I probably needed the exercise. I had only walked 700 miles
or so at that point.

Weary