[at-l] Getting to Katahdin

Remember some time ago there was a discussion about getting to Maine?

Well I just got through making my arrangements.

Guess what!  It is cheaper for me to rent a car (one way) and drive to
Bangor Airport than to fly -- $83.95 plus gas, plus one night in a motel
(w/o mileage limit/charges) vs. $399 for a 7 1/2 hour multi leg flight, from
the nearest airport.

BTW -- As I don't live near any airport, I checked a number of options.  One
flight option was a long drive to the airport, then $276 for a 15 1/4 hour
flight.   Another, was $512 for an 11 hour flight.  And that is coach.  I've
flown to Europe faster and for less.

On the additional up side, I won't have the hassles of security vs.
fuel/stove/etc, lost baggage, etc. Yeh!

In someways, I'm glad that the initial flight search results were absurd.
Had they been just-a-bit-high, I might not have kept working on options.

Chainsaw