[at-l] Bears Den Hostel/Trail Days

In a message dated 3/18/2004 1:34:24 PM Eastern Standard Time,
atrailhiker@adelphia.net writes:

Also-do you think 2 hikers starting the AT at Springer on March 12 can make
it in time to Trail Days (Hoplite & TT)? They are hiking fast right now .

Thanks for any info-
Marsha
Wench and I started March 1st, and were in Damascus on April 21st.
On May 16th, we were on the Blue Ridge Parkway at the Thunder Ridge
Overlook (298 trail miles north of Damascus) and got a ride back down
to Trail Days from there.

We weren't exactly burning up the trail with our speed, I was kind of gimping
up the trail with sore knees... um, er, well, sore everything....

They should be well past Damascus by Trail Days.

hotdog