[at-l] Enhancing the AT Blaze

"I stumbled upon a trail which was blazed with small (bb size) glass head
tacks pushed into trees.? In daylight they were almost invisible but, I
imagine, at night they would reflect back from a flashlight beam. Perfect
for night poachers."

The above quote is taken from a posting on the Harriman Hikers list in NY
State regarding the sighting of dead deer on the trails.  It is in regard to
suspected poachers of deer.

I remember some Thru-Hikers of the AT talk about hiking at night.  Would it
not be a help for Hikers to have these "glass beaded tacks" in the center of
the white blaze?  Would this be helpful to night hikers?

Now, mind you, I am not advocating this nor am I volunteering for the job of
adding these to the trail. Just a question regarding the feasibility and a
wonder at the thought of those who use the AT for recreation.

Skylander