[at-l] Gear Sled

> No PVC pipes, just ropes.  The center of gravity
> wasn't very high.

Ah! That may be the problem. In earlier incarnations
of the gear sled, I did use just ropes. They would
tangle up and go every which way...causing my sled to
be very unbalanced.

I find the PVC pipes keep the ropes from getting
tangled...and by putting them in an X pattern, the
stability of the sled was enhanced greatly.

> me postholing while carrying it.  (I tried.)

Exactly. For large amounts of gear in winter, I love
my sled. My house mate has a full bred Siberian husky.
Hmmm....

> -amy

=====
--Thoreau