[at-l] Re: Question One of Two.

This was handled earlier today. The Jello gives you a
flavor, something warm, some electrolytes, some
protein, and an opportunity to get a bit of sugar into
the person with hypothermia / dehydration. Dehydration
is actually part of the pathophysiology of
hypothermia, as one begins to "freeze-dry" and fail to
move electrolytes across cell membranes.

I prefer Lime green Jello, in case the person vomits.
If it were any of the reds/oranges or other dark
colors, you would worry about a GI bleed contributing
to problems. Green coming back is only grim and means
to slow down the process of rehydration.

Another choice would be any of the sports drink
powders, electrolyte rehydration powder (with at least
one pack of Nutrisweet), or a tea with some salt and
honey. The problems are the size of the stuff, and the
likelihood that I'd recognize it or raid it during the
off season. Lime Jello is clearly Lime Jello and never
to be fiddled with until there is a Big Reason.

And no, I have no conflict of interest to report
regarding ownership or support from the Jello Brand
Corporation.

Bill...