[at-l] Re: Question Two of Two.

Steve wonders about bandanas.

Most everyone carries 22 inch square red or black
cotton bandanas commonly found everywhere. In the
Garment District a dozen in varied colors costs about
$6. Everywhere else, about $4-6 each.

Size matters with bandanas if you plan to use it as a
cap/sun block for your head. I try to get 24 inch
square ones for my somewhat sizeable  cranium, and to
avoid getting "bandana hair". It looks a lot like male
pattern baldness.

The optimum sized banadana easily obtained is the
Mapdana, with obvious multiple uses. It must be 27-28
inches square. You might want to hem it a bit, as it
is vulnerable to wear along the edges.

Of course, the Bro's and the Bikers have some really
cool bandanas and headgear that I've never found
convenient to obtain. They look at me real strange.
Most are cotton, although I've seen a few poly. I've
never seen silk, wool or other exotic textile
bandanas.

Bandanas are multi-use. You might want to have 3 or 4
at any given time. 1) Headwear; 2) pot holder,
condensation dryer and towel; 3) a clean one to use in
first aid; 4) as hankerchief.

Bill...