[at-l] Katahdin...

Pittsburgh wrote:

>> There are some chunks of the trail that remain unhiked for me,
>> including Katahdin, which I will do when the rest of the miles are
>> done...

TJ replied:

> Saving the Mountain for desert, Pittsburgh? :O)

Pittsburgh responds:

I have been to Baxter Park three times supporting other hikers, and
have gazed up at Katahdin with awe and wonder.  I have taken many many
pictures of the mountain, from the base of the mountain, and from
points within the Hundred Mile Wilderness.  Maybe I'll post some on
Backcountry.  I tried to climb Katahdin from the backside (Cathedral
Trail from Chimney Pond?) one time, but the weather was too blustery
and my beard froze, so I turned around.  On my hike back to the car
after that, I came between a moose cow and her calf.  I believe that I
was in peril for a few moments before I thought better of my situation
and ran like hell.  I am saving the AT ascent to the top of Katahdin
for the last few miles that I hike on the trail.  It has always seemed
the right decision for me...

And I will probably try and organize some sort of hike or event so that
some of you will come and hike with me...

Pittsburgh, Barb, Ryan