[at-l] felix's e-mail re making a diff - oh, and some picsfrom our wild ...

At 12:44 AM 2/9/2004 -0500, Leslie Booher wrote:
>You know, two or three years ago, we did have this conversation about hot
>and cold water, but in a different context.  I get annoyed at how much
>water we waste waiting for the water to get hot for our showers.  Kahley
>(where is she when we need her?!) said that they somehow saved the water
>for their garden, I think.  And she and her husband were getting some kind
>of special water heater that was environmentally friendly, but I don't
>remember what it was.  When we were hiking the Camino, we noticed that a
>lot of places in Spain had small water heaters hanging above  the sinks,
>so that there wasn't so much wasted cold water.
>
>anklebear

I suppose it makes a difference where you live. I get my water from a well
on the Southeast side of the house and the drains run to a septic system on
the Northwest side (the side my garden is on). If you live in LA (the city
not the state) you're using water sucked out of lakes and rivers from a
long ways off and sending it to ??? after you use it. I don't see water
that I took from the water table on my property and returned to the water
table through a proper septic system on my property as "wasted". I probably
could save some electricity by installing a demand heater
<http://www.eere.energy.gov/consumerinfo/refbriefs/bc1.html> in place of my
hot water tank. That's probably what Kahley was referring too. That *is*
what you saw in Spain.

Saunterer