[at-l] Lies, Myths and Downright Stupidity

At 11:35 PM 1/23/2004 -0500, Jim and/or Ginny Owen wrote:
>Speaking of  ....................
>
>We just walked in the house at 10:15 and when Ginny turned on the TV, I
>choked cause 20/20 was airing some stuff I never thought would get through
>the PC censor on network TV.  I actually sat down and watched it - and I
>rarely do TV.  Amazing.  Y'all might want to check out the website at:
>http://abcnews.go.com/sections/2020/2020/myths_john_stossel_040123-1.html
>
>Walk softly - but be careful who you listen to,
>Jim

Interesting. What happened to myth #1? The article starts with #10 and
counts down to #2 then stops. I've never believed some of these, such as
the notion that you catch a cold by being exposed to cold, nor can I say
that I've ever heard that notion presented as anything but myth. The key
some of these "myths" lies in the definition but I don't think this list is
the place to go into it. A friend on mine once observed that there is
usually an element of truth behind any persistent myth. The trick is
separating out that element from the ignorance that has grown up around it.

Saunterer