[at-l] Re: Holmes, Cold Weather and Life - Perspectives.

For my own sake, and the sake of this man's family and friends, I just
wanted to clarify that in my prior e-mail when I said "what a dumb thing
to do," I was merely describing one of two competing emotional responses
I had when I read the story.  I was not stating my own final opinion.
As to the observation about changing lifestyle choices, I for one can
verify that the last time I led a difficult climb, I thought all too
much about my wife and our newly born child . . . right then and there I
gave up any further serious "hair of the dog" leading.  Of course, like
that recent commercial on TV with the two climbers hanging in their
bivvy a thousand feet up discussing their other fears, one's idea of
what is or is not "safe" is a relative concept - and I still get pretty
far out there sometimes! :)

thru-thinker
[clark]