[at-l] jobs, and life, and such

In a message dated 1/14/04 20:54:52 Eastern Standard Time, icw@esisnet.com
writes:

> "Money defines
> many things, but how often do we truly think through how we really want
> to define what money means in our own lives?  Once we really dig into it
> and properly define money, suddenly things like jobs, and bills, and
> standard of living take on entirely new - and better - meanings."  This
> truly can be a life-changing book - it has been, and continues to be for
> me, and it somehow helped me reconcile the many new thoughts whirling
> thru my mind after returning from the AT in 2001.
>
> Happy reading!  (and changing!)
>
> Thru-Thinker
> [who is still reading and changing - good things take time!]

There is a book by Charles R. Hobbs (out of print), that I bought through
Amazon at a premium, titled: Time Power -- The revolutionary time management
system that can change your professional and personal life -- and I think it is
the best book I have ever read on the subject of time management.  It not only
helps one to organize time as on a calendar but gives a way to make decisions
about what one includes in their scheduling.  To sum it up the principle idea
is that people have congruous and incongruous goals and the discipline of
defining one's Underlying Principles, (which can be a good use of meditative time
on a Thru-Hike) is key to having all of the other goals in life show integrity.
 So, Long-range Goals, with Intermediate Goals and then Daily-to-do Lists,
would all compliment and build on each other.  The book shows ways to make one's
life goals worthy of each action. Time Power is a powerful book that can make
a difference in how one views one's life. The book is not easy to find but it
is worth finding.  No matter what field one is pursuing or active in the book
gives a tool toward making one's dreams come true.  Local libraries may have
a copy but I suspect that if you read it through once you will want a copy for
your own library and also copies to pass on to your best friends including
your children.

The pursuit of one's inner dreams is a good thing to do while hiking on the
AT or any other long distance walk.  Time to think abounds on a long walk.
Directed thinking (along with the pleasure of stream of consciousness thinking)
can result in achieving a life that is honored and appreciated.

Skylander Jack