[at-l] jobs, and life, and such

I have not read Time Power, but it sounds like Charles Hobbs has similar
ideas to those in "Your Money or Your Life."  One of the most powerful
themes in YMOYL is that money equals your life essence - literally.  In
other words, every time you spend a dollar, you are really spending a
piece of your actual, very real, finite LIFE!  The book asks you to
perform some really important exercises, such as:  (a)  adding up every
cent you have ever made in your life; (b) taking your present pay and
dividing it by the hours you directly work, and then adding in all the
indirect costs, such as work clothes, insurance, car costs, commute
time, etc. - all to come up with a net-net-net dollars per hour figure
which you then use to quantify everything you spend money on in terms of
units of (your) "life time;" (c) the book then asks you to answer some
important questions, such as (1)  if I only had 3 months to live, what
would I do? (2) as a kid, what did I want to be when I grew up? (3) of
all the jobs I have ever had, which ones offered me the most personal
fulfillment?  The book does not judge and say that "x" spending is or is
not "too much;" rather, it simply asks that you evaluate your spending
in a new way, that you view all spending in equal terms, and - most
importantly - that you then adjust your money-related habits (both on
the spending side and the earning (i.e., job) side so that you maximize
your personal life fulfillment NOW . . . I cannot think of a better book
to read while either unemployed or recently re-employed after a thruhike!

Clark