FW: favorite beefs..... RE: [at-l] Dieting

Kelly wrote:
>I'm on a cult diet to lose weight!  LOL!
>
>Screw it.  If gets me looking hot in thong bikini, consider me a cult
>member. At least till the end of this month.
>
>Anyway, I don't think any of us are going to go overboard and kill
>ourselves
>the Atkins way, for the love of God.  Who the hell can live without a
>snicker
>bar that long?
>
>KellyHavingCheeseburgerHoldTheBunForLunchGoVols

Kelly -
Don't let'em bust on you --- Ginny and I have been on Atkins for just over 2
months.  Personally - it's lowered my weight, cholesterol and blood sugar.
It's the best thing that's happened for diabetics since insulin.

On top of that - and in spite of the PC viewpoint that prevails in some
quarters - as a human being (animal) you're evolved to be a meat eater
(actually an omnivore) - not a vegan.  Anyone who doubts that should talk to
their dentist about tooth structure and function.

And then - the low carb diet works for those who have insufficient time to
do enough exercise.  Eat less and exercise more ils a nice mantra.  But its
not always realistic.

Hmm - finally - for Weary - there is NO cereal product - including Raisin
Bran and Grape Nuts- that qualifies as low carb.  If there were, I'd be
using it.  Check the label.  That's one of the things I miss most.  Pizza is
#1 on my list, though.

Walk softly,
Jim

http://wine.msn.com/