FW: favorite beefs..... RE: [at-l] Dieting

>"...finally - for Weary - there is NO cereal product - including Raisin Bran
>and Grape Nuts- that qualifies as low carb."

I don't think I said bran and grapenuts were low Carb -- or at least I didn't
mean to. I was essentially quoting Newsweek, that claimed this week that there
are "good" carbs and "bad" carbs. The magazine seemed to think that "complex"
carbs like bran and oatmeal do not trigger the harmful sugar rushes that some
think contribute to the diabetes and obesity epidemics.

I haven't studied the article, but a quick reading caused me to start to rethink
my toying with the Atkins diet. Exercise and minimal diet efforts control my
weight pretty well. But  my wife, who still works for a living, has a more
severe problem. Since by default I seem to have become our chief cook and bottle
washer, I've begun to take an interest in such matters.

Weary