[at-l] New to the trail

At 04:34 AM 1/8/2004 -0500, Shelly Hale wrote:
>(Trying to send this to the list, again.  For some reason it came back to
>me...)
>
>Sloe, my goodness!  You certainly are a nosy one, aren't you?  LOL  Well,
>let me see if I can take care of some of that curiosity before it kills you.
>;-)
>
> > ### Jeeeeez, from December!!! Is *no one* going to say "hi!" to Shelly
>Hale?
>Several nice folks have said "Hello", but I think it was replied only back
>to me and not the at-l at large.  And, I simply hit reply.  So, my responses
>weren't sent back to the list.  Not a biggie, live & learn.  I just figured
>out for myself that if I wanted everyone to see my responses that I needed
>to reply back to all.  (If I'm wrong on that someone correct me!)

Hi Shelly. Your original message must have been during Ryan's wars with the
techno hyjackers because I didn't get it either. Ryan won't take
compensation for what he does but I think we should come up with some
'campaign medals' for all the battles he's fought over the years to keep
AT-L on-line.

>...clip...
>
> > all-cotton clothes? A picture of Wingfoot in your pocket?
>Getting into the wicking clothing.  Didn't even know who Wingfoot was until
>recently. <said with sheepish grin>

That's okay. You don't want to go there anyway.

> > Felix's Mastercard number? Umbrella?
>I wish!  Looking into lots of new gear and could use the extra funds right
>now.  Felix, you a sharing kinda guy?  ;-)  Umbrella?1?  In the woods?  Are
>you for real?

Felix's MC# is a running joke started by Felix who is... well, Felix. Hey,
umbrellas are good. At least one thru hiker did the whole AT using an
umbrella for rain gear but they are a flame prone topic along with guns,
cell phones and pointy tipped hiking poles.

>...clip...
>
> > Gad! Zip Stove?
>Huh?  Never heard of it.

This is a zip stove <http://www.pcthiker.com/pages/gear/pepsistove.shtml>.
Do a Google search on "zip stove", "homemade alcohol stove" or "pepsi can
stove" and you'll find several other sites.