[at-l] profiles

There are three things that stick out in my mind about the profiles from
'92.
First was NOT going over a big climb indicated on the profile south of
Wesser. Never saw anything that even looked like a climb in the area
indicated by the map.
Second was the "death march" north of 19E in Tenn, going through the DMZ.
Map made it look like a ridge run, the bumps must have missed each contour
line by one foot...
And last was the entire side profile for the state of Maine. It was set at
a different exageration than the rest of the trail, and made every climb
look like a vertical bust....
Somewhere soon after the beginning the mindset changes from "what do I have
to go over?" to "how far am I going today?" and that pretty much takes care
of any problem with the maps.... you just do it...

skeeter