[at-l] <Brrr!>

In a message dated 1/8/2004 9:24:39 AM Eastern Standard Time,
buchanan@gtcinternet.com writes:
> Then I checked out Mt. Washington. It's -35* there with winds
> gusting over 90mph for a windchill of -82*.

That's the top of the mountain.  Down here in Pinkham Notch it's a balmy -6
degrees F, and the winds aren't gusting much over 25 mph, so it's not so bad.

Phew.... Practically Balmy, short sleeve weather...

But you bundle up, and it's manageable.  And the sky is brilliant blue and
the
snow crunches underfoot so wonderfully.  And hot cocoa and fires crackling in
the wood stove and saunas are rendered even more magnificent, so I can't wait
to get home to all that tonight.

Life is good.
suzie
Ahh.... The other morning was so wonderful.... 18 degrees... I wore my shorts
with a
Pullover fleece jacket & went out into the world (in my car.. With the seat
heater on,
and the regular heat blasting... With a cup of hot coffee!). Then went for a
walk that afternoon wearing the same. 40 degrees, windy & COLD.... I've become
such a wuss
since my hike ended... In Maine it was in the 30's and we started out in T
shirts...
Oh well.... I just turned 48.... Maybe I need Geritol... ;-)

Olddog