[at-l] Sleeping Bag Drive and computer Trouble!!

Saunterer has offered wise advice for many with computer problems, but I'm
afraid my computer problems are a bit too complex -- perhaps archaic is a more
accurate word. I doubt for instance that an overheated CPU is the cause of my
crashes, though I do blast away the dust periodically. At 300 Mhz it hardly
needs the multiple heat sinks and fans of state of the art computers. A more
likely culprit may be the two obsolete operating systems I have installed:
Windows ME on the "C" drive, and Windows 95 on the drive with my DeskTop
Publishing program, a Windows version of the venerable WordStar, which hasn't
been sold for more than a decade.

  One of these days I'll have to make an investment in a new machine. I hesitate
  because WordStar is ideal for the work I do. I know exactly how to make it do
  precisely whatever I need to do, quickly and efficiently.

  A few people agree with me. I recently discovered a website for us WordStar
  holdouts. People with more knowledge than I, tell me WordStar isn't supposed
  to work even on 32 Bit Windows 95, and will never work with a multiple gigahz
  CPU, and an up-to-date version of Windows.

  Weary, who likes to think that he isn't really as "stuck-in-the-past" as his
  computer and gear choices would suggest. He's encouraged when from time to
  time his wife asks to check her e-mail, because her 2003 vintage, $3,000 Dell
  has broken again.