Fwd: RE: [at-l] Christmas Goodies

I got an expedition weight polypro long undies set to go with my light & medium sets, a dremel to make stuff (I suppose you can count the tin can & bake sheet as a Christmas present too; I'm making a stove out of them), and a bunch of nature ID books that I'll work on memorizing.

I can't decide if I want to get silk long undies for on the inside of the polypro. I probably don't need it for my winter camping, but it hopefully would keep the the polypro from absorbing stink. What do y'all wear between your insulation layers and your rain suit? I've been wearing either jeans or cotton based convertible pants and would like to replace them with some convertible pant, but I dunno which. I've been looking at REI, but too many choices. I was thinking something wind proof...

I got Dad the Complete Walker IV, so he can bone up on the aspects of backpacking he's missing (he's a great hunter & runner, so there's just a few things). It was very difficult to leave that book alone myself, so I'll probably end up reading it after him.

I also got a Steven King book, A Buick 8, and umm, read it. All of it. :)

Casey