[at-l] Baker? Katahdin?

TJ wrote:
> That picture is of Baker at
> <A
HREF="http://www.outdoors.org/conservation/maine/mainewoods->announce.shtml"
>http://www.outdoors.org/conservation/maine/mainewoods-announce.shtml</A>
> I was wrong.

TJ

Thanks for the retraction but I must say something here:

Fact checking that picture should have been the easiest thing to do on you
list of AMC sins in you "Rape" note. Instead you posted it on AT-L as well
as Whiteblaze.com and got all sorts of other folks chiming in on how dumb
the AMC is, how could anyone not recognize Katahdin etc.  It was a cheap
shot from the first and now it looks like it was just plain wrong.

The phrase: "Rush to Judgement" comes to mind.  This does not do too much to
enhance your credibility on your other assertions in your post.  You may
love Maine and support the AT, but you sure don't have much tolerance for
others who love Maine and the AT but chose not to suspect anything the AMC
has done, does or will do with suspicion.  Now how about some more fact
checking and perhaps another retraction or two?  .

I  hate these flame wars and one reason I have not posted my opinions on the
AMC purchase to this board is that very reason.  For the record, I think the
AMC's puchase here is great, absolutely great. I have posted this to two
important boards (including the AMC bb).

One last question TJ: who would you rather have purchased this property?

Pb - First and last post on this subject on AT-L