[at-l] White Christmas

Marsha writes:

<< I heard on the radio that the most likely place in the United States that
will have a white Xmas is Pinkham Notch. >>

I believe this was actually a report from the Northest Regional Climate
Center in Ithaca referring specifically to the Northeastern US. It gave
Pinkham Notch a 96% chance of a white Christmas followed by Booneville, NY
(in the Lake Affect zone) and Caribou, ME not far behind. There are two
things to point out here about that. They are going by only the official
list of First-Order and Cooperative weather stations. There are other
inhabited locations with unofficial (and yet reliable) stations that *may*
beat all three locations, such as the vicinity of Jay, Vermont and First
Connecticut Lake, NH. Additionally, there are other locations in the US east
of the Rockies which may also beat those three sites, including portions of
the Upper Peninnsula of Michigan (such as Houghton County)..... Looking
forward to the snow here in eastern Maine.....

wc

Get holiday tips for festive fun.