[at-l] Elevation changes

>"...all it does is give others false assumptions.  I used my collapsible poles
>quite often on  the steep sections of trail in New Hampshire and Maine.,"
>reports sly.

I'm not sure what false assumptions I may have given. Thousands climb Katahdin
every season. A few fall and suffer injuries. Many who carry Lekis use them as
Sly describes. Some seem never to adjust the length.

With my alder walking stick, I just grasp it higher or lower on the shank as the
trail demands. I think one pole works better than two on such rock scrambles,
because the terrain frequently requires at least one hand and both feet to be
used, and at times both hands and feet.

In the latter instance I do as Sly does. I toss my pole to the next ledge and
proceed without its hindrance.

Weary