[at-l] Way Off Topic, MATC and Windmills

>"...I picture myself sitting around a table with a bunch of young people  100
>years from now (I am an optimist).  Do you think they would be more grateful to
>hear that we fought for  windmills in Maine that generated a small amount of
>electicity (all the while we were driving our SUVs), or that we left them the
>kind of vistas that so many hikers love, but take for granted, today?"

My guess is you won't be able to get them to even discuss the subject -- they
will be so pissed off that half their earnings go to pay the trillions we
borrowed during the wealthiest time in the history of the earth, to fight wars
aimed at keeping the fossil fuel economy going an extra decade or two, and to
pay for the medical expenses of their great grandparents.

Weary