[at-l] To filter or not.

Charles,

Reference your post, dated 11-14-03, detailing your study, which is
potentially flawed in at least three aspects.

“The past few months I've been ‘experimenting’ with the water on the AT.”

1)    The “N” (the number of study subjects) is too small; it’s just you.
You may be relatively resistant to waterborne disorders.  Some people don’t
show symptoms at all.  I may become “sick as a dog” drinking the same water
right next to you.

2)    The time period is too short.  Some people live for years before their
symptoms become apparent.  Some of those people suffer devastating results.

“(T)he water was clear, cold, and flowing.”

3)    Water temperature is not related to potability.  Turbidity has little
relationship to potability, other than, there are problems which arise in
stagnant water which don’t occur in flowing water.  These are by far not all
the problems.

You caution, “... I'd still use my iodine ...”

Thank you.  Your caution is well advised.

‘(B)ut- I'm using the iodine less and less now.”

This is a decision best left to each individual.  It’s your/their own
health.  Everyone lives with the consequences of his/her action or inaction.

Steve

Is your computer infected with a virus?  Find out with a FREE computer virus
scan from McAfee.  Take the FreeScan now!