[at-l] re: Calorie Counting

At 09:21 PM 11/14/2003 -0800, Paul Magnanti wrote:
> >>I had a computer program once
> >>input an activity and
> >>duration/distance to get the calories burned.
> >>According to that program,
>

>http://www.caloriesperhour.com/index_burn.html
>
>Has quite a few activities listed. Bases calories
>burned on weight, bmi,bmr, age and sex.
>
>Everything from hiking to running to canoeing to flute
>playing to 19th century dancing. (I kid you not).
>
>Enjoy...

Hey, that's fun. Thanks for the link. I'm puzzled by the distinction
between 'backpacking' and 'hiking with a pack'. The calorie burn rate for
'backpacking' came out the same as 'hiking - climbing hills with a 10 pound
load'. Must be the backpackers they used to establish their charts were all
ultralight types.