[at-l] Re: taking maps/compass or not...

>### But there IS another reason to carry maps -- that Weary
>hints around: when there is an emergency, and you need to get
>someone (yourself included) off the ridge as soon as possible,
>there is simply no way to make an informed choice as to the best
>combination of distance, route, and trailhead, except with a
>map.

That's a good point.  I read somewhere once that someone who was thruhiking
with a digital camera took a pic of maps posted along the trail and used
those.  That's obviously not as reliable has having a paper copy with you,
but still interesting.

Kelly Whitman
INTP
"There ARE no other women like me."  -- 7 of 9

MSN Messenger with backgrounds, emoticons and more.
http://www.msnmessenger-download.com/tracking/cdp_customize