[at-l] Gear list II - lots of questions!

In a message dated 11/12/03 10:36:33 AM, russ.drake@navy.mil writes:

<<   Speaking of gear,  I was thinking of getting some snowshoes for some
light hiking this winter,  does anyone have any suggestions on the brand,
style
and anything else I should know information on snow shoes...  All I know is
you
strap them to your feet and then walk...  >>

I love my Red Feathers that I got two years ago.  The only reason I got them
over anything else was because there was a good sale in the magazine--Sierra
Trading Post.
I usually stick to the more established trails so I can keep a good pace and
not have to blase the trail.  Some things I like: v-tail designs, crampons
in front and rear, live-action hinges.

P.S.  In every catalogue of sierra trading post send out there is a riddle
that can be solved to receive     free shipping.  I have saved a lot in
shipping over the years.  (or check the web site)

courtney

>From Beethoven to the Rolling Stones, your favorite music is always playing
on MSN Radio Plus. No ads, no talk. Trial month FREE!