[at-l] Re: at-l Digest, Vol 7, Issue 12 "Weather Forecast for 2004"

"Being a scientist by training and love, I like to use information we
have already to try to wrap my head around the idea of a long hike.
I'll post the compiled graph (made from Australian gov't data) and my
own /personal/ interpretation of it in a bit."

warm regards,
HopLite

Now, I too will be on the AT in 2004 and like the idea of knowing what the
weather will be like but will an Australian gov't be able to predict an Eastern
USA weather pattern?  As someone noted, "we can't even get a 7 day forecast
right."

Still, wet weather does mean that there will be enough H2O available. And if
the wet is liquid that means less snow and ice?

Does it make sense to carry extra weight in the beginning of the hike so that
when it is "sent home" the pack will feel so much lighter?

Skylander