[at-l] Shelter, shelter burnng bright...

Okay, this is going to sound totally stupid, but I'm going to ask because
it's been bugging me for months and I can't figure it out.  I don't
understand how you stay dry when it's raining.  When I camp in a regular
tent in the rain, little rivulets form on the ground everywhere, how is it
they don't come right into a tarp tent, since there's a space between the
ground cover and the tarp?

Kelly Whitman
INTP
-----------
"There ARE no other women like me."  -- 7 of 9

>In any case, been a dedicated tarper for four years
>now. Have used it in snow, rain in the East and in the
>West. I like to sleep under the stars as much as
>possible and having a tarp is a lightweight way for me
>to have shelter when I need it. Find a tent very
>confining! My shelter of choice is an 8x10 SilNylon
>tarp, 6 stakes, Tyvek ground cloth and parachuter
>cord.
>Have used it above tree line as well.
>
>Anyway, here is a pic with how I usually set it up:
>http://gallery.backcountry.net/Co03/agr
>
>This way seems to work very well.

Compare high-speed Internet plans, starting at $26.95.