[at-l] *ahem* (gear list)

> > shorts + light top for camp/sleeping clothes
>
> I've given up on camp/sleeping clothes.  After a few days all my stuff
> smells bad anyway, so carrying "clean" clothes is pointless for me.

But you'll need dry camp clothes in the winter/transitional months, to
change into after sweating into your hiking clothes all day.
Otherwise, you'll start shivering needlessly, risking hypothermia.
Keep these clothes in a zip-lock, so they're always dry, no matter the
weather.

I used my fleece tights for winter/spring sleeping, not shorts.

On really cold nights, sleep in your (wool toboggan) hat. While the
brimmed one is useful for glare and March sunburn, it will be hard to
sleep in, and possibly not retain crown heat very well. Ship it with
summer gear?

Secret Shoe gear tip: Early cold weather item I found made a HUGE
difference in my cold-weather sleeping comfort, yet scarcely weighed
an ounce or two was a fleece neck thingie. That circular ring.
For some reason, covering my throat in fleece really gets the
internals toasty. Often, I would be peeling it off in the wee hours as
others tossed and shivered. Just something light and cheap to
experiment with.

Do you live anywhere you could test this stuff out for a really cold
night? Be sure to spend a night in your hammock before you chose it as
your final shelter system. It's a great sleep, but you'll need alot of
insulation of the outside in March and April.

Also, I would mail the bug net ahead with your summer items, not carry
it.
Good luck! What an adventure you will have.

LovedMarch Shoe
--
    	AT Journal:
	http://www.trailjournals.com/Liteshoe/