[at-l] Shelter, shelter burnng bright...

On Monday, November 10, 2003, at 10:33  PM, Kelly Whitman wrote:

> Okay, this is going to sound totally stupid, but I'm going to ask
> because it's been bugging me for months and I can't figure it out.  I
> don't understand how you stay dry when it's raining.  When I camp in a
> regular tent in the rain, little rivulets form on the ground
> everywhere, how is it they don't come right into a tarp tent, since
> there's a space between the ground cover and the tarp?

Sometimes I think there's no real way around getting wet under a tarp,
unless
it's a really really big tarp.  Say 20x20.  When it's blowing sideways
and the water
is bouncing several inches back off the ground and the ground water
level
is actually *above* ground is a bad time to be in a tarp.

Not really a great time to be camping, come to think of it.

Anyway, if you find a local maximum you'll avoid the rivulet issue.

Ooh!  I have an idea.  You could make a tub floor ground sheet - put
some corners on it, maybe find a way to string it up a little at either
end.

-amy