[at-l] to change (loose change)...

>"...You also haven't heard any evidence to suggest that there wasn't any danger
>to them if they were to have been left to fend for themselves. You are leaping
>to judgement based on your prejudices."

Golly. Has anyone else noticed my prejudices? Well, I do admit to a strong
suspicion that 18 people on a blazed trail after dark aren't really in any
danger. Had they not had a cell phone for a crutch, I suspect with a little
common sense and initiative they could have simply walked out.

When we were "rescued" many years ago in  the Maine woods, we had a fire going
and had collected sufficient wood to last the night. The soon to be skeleton was
in a state of panic. JUdging from where the bones were found, he had crossed a
paved road and continued into the woods on the other side.

We were seeking the same road. But our "leader" had taken his compass reading on
a curved section. We were walking parallel to the road, not towards it. It
didn't help that the compass bearer had his rifle in one hand and the compass in
the other. We decided to build a fire when we came upon tracks in the snow --
and discovered they were our tracks.

Weary