From: Steve Landis [mailto:s.landis@comcast.net]
Sent: Thursday, September 18, 2003 11:28 PM
To: AT-L
Subject: Re: [at-l] Terrorism and the AT -- ON TOPIC

On 9/18/2003 9:32 AM, David Addleton wrote:

> Were it not for the total destruction of the indian "barbarian" 4 or 5
generations ago,
> women and children inclusive, the "idea" of the AT today would make no
sense at all.

This is not the first time that I have seen a reference to the *total*
destruction of the "indian" on this list.  While horrific genocide was
visited upon these peoples, their survivors are still very much a part
of this nation today.  It seems to me that to make reference to them as
a historical footnote does them a disservice.
A Nez Perce friend who was visiting us recently was wearing this
sobering tee shirt...
http://www.cafeshops.com/ndnpress.5976335?zoom=yes#zoom

Steve