[at-l] Re: INTPs & hiking (was: Bears bags, fires,and leaving the trail)

I think solo travel in any form is good for INTPs.  Our childlike sense of
wonder is perfectly at home in travel.  Our endless asking, "Why?" is
accepted and even encouraged!  Two insatiable needs for us, to have new
experiences and to learn, are fed.  There's plenty around to fill our love
of the unique and different.  We get to pursue our "What if..."s, even
though it's a bit concrete for us abstract thinkers, it's still very
satisfying.  And of course we have lots and lots of recharge (alone) time,
whether it's days of hiking in solitude, or evenings spent in a hotel room,
journalling, and processing, processing, processing.

Lastly and perhaps most importantly, it's a reprieve from the baffling and
perverse ESFJ world.  (Maybe as a female INTP I appreciate this even more,
since INTP is about as far away from how girls/women are socialized that you
can get.)

Kelly Whitman
INTP
"There ARE no other women like me."  -- 7 of 9

MSN 8: Get 6 months for $9.95/month http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/dialup