[at-l] Questionable Point---

On Tuesday, August 12, 2003, at 04:17  PM, Leslie wrote:
> How much of your hiking stuff do you use in your everyday/all year
> life??
>
> ?
> I know that I'm in the minority here, but is there anyone else who
> uses all their stuff when they aren't hiking?? If for no other reason,
> it's comforting to me to have it around all the time.? Every time I
> take out my debit card from the little plastic case, I think of
> somewhere I've used it along the trail.? When I need a security
> blanket, I put on the?cap that I bought in Damascus after my pack?was
> stolen.? It's getting a bit ragged, but it makes me feel good.?
> ?
> anklebear

Hi Anklebear!  (somebody I've actually met on the trail.  Small world
that it is.)
(Actually, come to think of it, I've run into a lot of listers on the
trail.  Baltimore Jack
repeatedly, though he never remembers me.  Datto, Leapfrog, Pittsburg,
Detour..
it sure is nice seeing yall out there.)

I use my raingear, mostly the jacket parts.  I use my tall gaiters, my
balaclava,
my hiking shoes, my headlamp, random articles of fleece, my hiking
socks,
and my Z-rest.  In fact I keep a cut off portion of my Z-rest at work
for kneeling
on the floor.

I don't wear my hiking shirt or shorts anywhere but the trail because
they're just
too beat up.

I bet there are other bits I use that I've forgotten about, because I
use them
so often I forget they're camping gear.

-amy