[at-l] Questionable Point---

Talk about a HYOH type issue.

W/O any empirical evidence, I suspect that from most the answer is a
function of:

a) affluence

or

b) the amount of hiking you do relative to "other" activities -- esp. casual
wear activity.

or a mix of "a" & "b"

If you can afford it -- what the hey.

If hiking is your main thing -- your recreational gear is packed ready for
your recreation [hiking] -- while your work wear / Church wear [for some the
same ;-)} ] / casual wear / etc hang in the closet, live in the
chest-of-draws, etc .

If you do a lot of different things where hiking type clothing are
acceptable and you are on a budget I suspect clothing becomes multi
purpose -- hence not packed.

At one time, my trail work, yard work, fishing, and casual, wear were rather
interchangeable w/ my hiking wear.  Or put another way -- I used what I had
to hike.

Now, about 90% of my "hiking gear" only goes hiking.  Why?  Now that I am
retired, "work wear" [as in office] no longer exist; most "casual wear" has
gotten a tad nicer; "yard work and trail work" has gotten a tad heaver; and
"hiking wear" gotten a tad lighter.

About the only time I tend to mix stuff is when I go on trail crew --
camping and working for a week, or so.

Chainsaw