[at-l] Hammock Camping on the Appalachian Trail

Okay, this worries me.

I just figured out last night that I'm going to have a tough time staying in
the shelters because I'm asthmatic and allergic to mice dander (and smoke,
whether cigarette or pot).  I don't want to be around it let alone have it
on my gear.  I don't care if there's room available in the shelter, I need
room available in my bronchial tubes!  I was planning on doing the trip
without staying in the trail shelters.  I didn't realize they'd be mandatary
at any point.

Can I just explain that to a ranger if I'm sleeping nearby in a hammock?

Kelly Whitman
INTP
"There ARE no other women like me."  -- 7 of 9