[at-l] Re: at-l Digest, Vol 3, Issue 33 The Only Place to Talk

You know, this is the only list where we can talk about the AT. Ask and
dispense advice, be advocates of the trail, and post trip reports.  We can
also
talk about icky green countertops, Palmetto bugs and the inability to kill
them,
lingerie, evolution, and basically anything at all.  I really appreciate this
list and it's participants.  I really don't know what I'd do without you
guys.

Love,
GoVols

This is not the ONLY place to discuss hiking, etc., and it is certainly not
the ONLY place to discuss the other issues mentioned by GoVols.  Why counter
tops, lingerie, palmetto bugs and families reaction to them,  "and basically
anything at all" need to be discussed on the Appalachian Trail list is only
because someone NEEDS to talk.  And to say that because someone criticizes what
another says on this list means that that person does not like the first party of
the first part is without meaning.

Perhaps there are people who require an audience and when that person is cute
or funny or vivacious, or friendly, or whatever then what they say gets
tolerated by the group (or enough of the group to encourage continuing chatter).

Would it be possible to at least tie in what seems to be non trail talk with
some mention of the AT or at least relate it to hiking in general?

What do you think?

Skylander Jack (GA-ME '04)