[at-l] Kelly's climate: worth repeating...

### Wish Ida writ wot JimO'd wrote:

"Only problem with those options is that in 1992 it was 100* the
day we left Gorham NH - headed north.  A week later we were
freezing.  Stuff happens.
### Mid-July had hail/sleet/sneaux in the Whites last year. A
week later, a 3 week hot spell came on, and the Boys and I swam
at in bathwater-warm Lakes of the Clouds.

"Now - the flip side to this whole thing is that Kelly doesn't
need to acclimatize "now".  She doesn't even need to acclimatize
before she leaves for the trail.  What she does need to do
between now and then is to figure out how to dump her
preconceived ideas about what she's capable of doing and what
kind of discomfort she's willing to endure.  The fact that she
loses energy in the heat likely means nothing more than that her
life is the typical air-conditioning-to-air-conditioning
shuffle.  Meaning - she goes from her air conditioned house to
her air conditioned car to her air conditioned office to an air
conditioned restaurant for lunch to her air conditioned office
to her air conditioned car to her air conditioned house.
And the only time she spends outside is to rush to the next air
conditioner.
   And that's a whole lot of air conditioning.  Am I right,
Kelly?
### I haven't run much in months, and I'm quite scared for the
Cohos Trail hike MAYBE starting a week from now. But I WILL make
a big effort to go out this week run at lunch. I won't see much
"training result" endurance or cardio-vascular-wise, but a
smidgent in leg strength, and a boatload in heat aclimatization.
I recall (pretty well) that it takes 7-10 days to aclimate, so I
should be well on my way there, even if I (as I probably will)
spend the vast majority of the next 6 days indoors in AC'ed
space.
### But to conclude, I agree 100% with JimO's post above -- wish
I'da wrote it: Don't worry, Kell.

And GoVols makes a great trail name, but I'd nominate
"Volunteer" myself.

Oh, and the "GoDean" flap? I think that was Weary-humor. I HOPE
that was humor.