Summer Sausage (was) RE: [at-l] food

Spam make a spread that is great on Ritz crackers.  MAkes a
great trail lunch, but I would not carry it on a long hike
(too heavy).  I also found salmon in a foil pack.  Two hikes
ago I took some, with a fresh bagel and a small container of
cream cheese (provided by the bagel shop).  Iaalso cannot get
enough fresh fruit.  I am not a big fan of the dried fruit.

On long hikes one does not want to carry a lot of weight so
one ends up carrying things that need to be rehydratred.  For
breakfast there is nothing better than cream of wheat, grits
or oatmeal (I would never eat any of this stuff at home)
They all come in packages that weigh next to nothing.  Lunch
is usally PP&J on peta bread.  Dinner -mac and cheese, Lipton
instand dinners, found a good vegatarian chili.

Word to the wise.  Try the food before you go on your trip.
I found a vegatarian Black Bean Soup that sounded good.  Had
it on the second night.  From Midnight to 8:00 am the next
morning I spent digging cat holes.  the soup definitely
cleaned me out.

Grey Owl