[at-l] Violence at 4 Pines Hostel.

> That's crap and you know it. The very first post about
> that incident said that he "apparently had a mental illness". Go back and
> look. Nowhere did it suggest that he was drunk nor has anyone suggested that
> they had reason to believe he was mean, yet you insist on believing
> otherwise and advocate that someone should beat him up to 'fix' the
> situation.

I regret ever having said I thought Michael was mentally ill. I have to admit
I was mad that some folks saw that as an excuse. I *thought* he was mentally
ill because no "normal" person would beat up another no matter what they are
talking about.

It's a power thing. The agressor has learned to get their own way with
physical violence. Others do it through mental intimidation. A jerk is a jerk is a
jerk.

At least for me, I could see FUBAR was one the minute I met him. Michael was
smarter and harder to see it in....but no less dangerous.

In retrospect, I now see a few little things, that when taken as a whole were
warning signs that Michael was not truthful and had a temper problem. None of
these guys have an excuse for what they did!!!!!!!!!

Wendy   (wsm311@aol.com)
Peace and Carrots Farm
Vermont
http://www.homestead.com/peaceandcarrots/