[at-l] Don't confuse me with the facts

I was involve in a court case about two years ago.  A
gentleman had interpreted a Federal Statue in such a manner
that he illegally profitted from a forbidden activity.  In
court he asked the judge why he wasn't right.  He stated the
law was very explicit and he was correct in doing what he was
doing.  The judges reply was it was not for him to interpret
the law, it was for the courts to do so.  Needles to say he
lost his case, he was fired and spent some time in jail.  THe
government lawyer said it was a classic case of don't confuse
me with the facts.

So here we are is the AT a park or a trail.  Every document
that we have discussed said that it was a trail.  These are
legal documents, I don't care what some government employee
says verbally the law is the law.  If the law has been
misinterpreted then it is up to the courts to determine it.

SO here is the bottom line,  I don't give a rats ass either
way.  I am just so damn tired of the Holier than Thou
attitude that some people take on the list.  My thoghts are
my own and don't represent the beliefs of any body else.
While I can change my mind with valid arguments and facts, I
am not going to change it because some one says so.  I would
like to think that this is the last word on the subject.
Unfortunately there are a lot of you who have to get the last
word in so go for it.  Give me your besst shot.

Grey Owl