[at-l] Harpers to Duncannon Trip Info

PB,

I just got back from that section and can offer a little insight.   The
Store at Pine Grove Furnace is open for all the ice cream you want, weekend
or not.  My hike in Maryland was either plagued by homeless shelter
hangers-on or religious kooks.  There was a guy living in the first shelter
past Boiling Springs.  I didn=92t stay long enough to find out what he was
doing there but it didn=92t look inviting at all.

The weather and water could not have been more cooperative.  I have never
seen so many BSA Troops and other youth groups on the trail on the weekends.
  There was a constant stream of groups out of PenMar Park heading south.
There were lots of regular folks out on the weekends too.  The trail was
ultra quiet during the week.  The food at the Doyle, the little store at the
road crossing after Pine Grove Furnace, and at the Port Clinton Hotel was
fantastic. And to top off the trip, trains and ticks were ever present.
Overall, a great hike, rocks and all.

Tim (Shep)

http://join.msn.com/?page=3Dfeatures/junkmail